IMAGES & VIDEOS PARENTAL AND/OR
- The following information explains the reasons why and how CheerForce Ten may use images and videos of you and/or your child. Please read the form thoroughly and outline your agreement as appropriate.
Why do we need your consent?
CheerForce Ten requests the consent of athletes and/or parents to use images and videos of them or their child for a variety of different purposes.
Without your consent, the academy will not use images and videos of you or your child. Similarly, if there are only certain conditions under which you would like images and videos of you or your child to be used, the academy will abide by the conditions you outline in this form.
Why do you we use images and videos of you and/or your child?
CheerForce Ten uses images and videos of athletes to celebrate the achievements of the academy; to promote the academy on social media and on the academies website; and for other publicity purposes in printed publications, such as newspapers.
Where the academy uses images of individual athletes, the name of the athlete may be disclosed.
CheerForce Ten may take images or videos of individual athletes and groups of athletes to use on social media, the website, in academy information and other printed publications, such as our newsletter.
Who else uses images and videos of you and/or your child?
It is common that the academy is visited by local media and press, who take images or videos of academy events, such as showcase days. Athletes will appear in these images and videos, and these may be published in local or national newspapers, or on approved websites.
The following organisations may use images and videos of you and/or your children:
- Shropshire Star and associated papers
- Bridgnorth and/or Telford Journal
- JPAD photography/ Cheerleading/dance event photography
- Visiting Choreographers/ coaches who take workshops with athletes
Where any organisations other than those above intend to use images or videos of you and/or your child, additional consent will be sought before any image or video is used.
What are the conditions of use?
- The consent form is valid for the duration of Season 9B at the academy (ending May31st2022);
- It is the responsibility of parents and/or athletes to inform the academy, in writing, if consent needs to be withdrawn or amended;
- The academy will not use the personal details or full names of any athlete in an image or video, on our website, in our academy prospectuses or any other printed publications;
- The academy will not include personal emails, postal addresses or telephone numbers on images or videos on our website, or any other printed publications;
- The academy may use group or team images and videos with general labels, e.g. ‘CHEER DANCE 2020;
- The academy will only use images and videos of athletes who are suitably dressed.
Refreshing your consent
The consent form is valid for the duration of Season 9B at the academy. (ending May31st2022); Parents and/or athletes are required to fill in a new form for their child or themselves where any changes to circumstances occur – this can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Changes to athlete’s circumstances, e.g. safeguarding requirements mean a athletes image cannot be used;
- Changes to parental consent, e.g. amending the provisions for which consent has been provided for.
Where you would like to amend the provisions for which consent has been provided, you must submit your request in writing to Rachael Smart at firstname.lastname@example.org, a new form will be supplied to you to amend your consent accordingly and provide a signature.
Withdrawing your consent
Parents or athletes have the right to withdraw their consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect any images or videos that have been shared prior to withdrawal.
If you would like to withdraw your consent, you must submit your request in writing to Rachael Smart – email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact the DPO, Jonathan Smart on 07805 835753.