GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE FOR ATHLETES
AND THEIR FAMILIES
- We are required to inform athletes and their families about how their personal data may be collected and used.
Who processes your information?
CheerForce Ten is the data controller of the personal information you provide to us. This means the academy determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data relating to athletes and their families is to be processed. Rachael Smart acts as a representative for the academy with regard to its data controller responsibilities; she can be contacted on 07966966026 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In some cases, your data will be outsourced to a third-party processor; however, this will only be done with your consent. Where the academy outsources data to a third-party processor, the same data protection standards that CheerForce Ten upholds are imposed on the processor.
Jonathan Smart is the data protection officer. His role is to oversee and monitor the academy’s data protection procedures, and to ensure they are compliant with the GDPR. The data protection officer can be contacted on 07805 835753 or emailing email@example.com.
Why do we collect and use your information?
The personal data of athletes and their families is collected and used for the following reasons:
- To provide contact details and emergency contact details for our athletes;
- To create care plans for children who have medical conditions that may affect their performance and to ensure we keep athletes safe;
- To create individual financial accounts for the athletes and their families;
- To publicise and celebrate the achievements of the academy;
- To pass onto event providers when we compete at competitions.
Which data is collected?
The categories of athlete information that the academy collects, holds and shares includes the following:
- Personal information – e.g. names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses;
- Attendance information – e.g. number of absences and absence reasons;
- Relevant medical information;
- Photographs and videos – these will be used to celebrate the success of our academy on social media and our website. Videos will also be used to support the skill development of our athletes.
The majority of the personal data you provide to the academy is voluntary. When collecting data, the academy will inform you whether you are required to provide this data or if your consent is needed. Where consent is required, the academy will provide you with specific and explicit information with regards to the reasons the data is being collected and how the data will be used.
The categories of parent information that the academy collects, holds and shares includes the following:
- Contact information, including addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of parents and/or any other emergency contacts;
- Financial information, ensuring payments can be made for goods and services.
How long is your data stored for?
Personal data relating to athletes at the CheerForce Ten and their families is stored in line with the GDPR Data Protection Policy.
In accordance with the GDPR, the academy does not store personal data indefinitely; data is only stored for as long as is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
Will my information be shared?
On occasions photographs or some basic information will be shared with third party providers.
Your details will be shared with the various event providers, allowing athletes to compete. Media channels such as newspapers, websites, or social media to promote events and achievements. The information that we share with these parties includes the following:
- Photographs or videos;
- Personal Information.
What are your rights?
Parents and athletes have the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about how CheerForce Ten uses your personal data;
- Request access to your personal data that the CheerForce Ten holds;
- Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Request that your personal data is erased when there is no compelling reason for its continued processing;
- Request that the processing of your data is restricted;
- Object to your personal data being processed;
Where the processing of your data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
If you have a concern about the way CheerForce Ten is collecting or using your personal data, you can raise a concern with the ICO. The ICO can be contacted on 0303 123 1113, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Where can you find out more information?
If you would like to find out more information you can request our data protection policy by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org